Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GSoD approved technical writer - community bonding phase

From: Alex Nik <rage.iz.me@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 16:27:39 +0200
Thanks, Moshe. I’ll check the links meanwhile =)

Alex

On 17 Aug 2020, at 16:07, Moshe Kaplan <mosheekaplan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1. The Wireshark manuals are written with docbook. The text is in the wsug_src directory here: https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/tree/master/docbook . Information on submitting patches is available here: https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/Development/SubmittingPatches
2. The missing documentation has the text: "Not yet written. If you would like to fix this, see https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatchesin the user guide (https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsug_html/)This is written in the docbook as {missing}. For an example, see https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/blob/master/docbook/wsug_src/WSUG_chapter_telephony.adoc#L38

I can't speak to the rest of the issues. Thank you for your efforts to improve Wireshark's documentation.

Moshe