Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Protocol to tie Bugzilla entry to Gerrit change

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 11:43:02 -0700
On Aug 13, 2020, at 5:27 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 13 Aug 2020, at 09:37, Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On Aug 13, 2020, at 12:24 AM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> For now(*) this is done as per https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches#Writing_a_Good_Commit_Message
>>
>> He's talking about comments in Gerrit, such as "this change broke XXX"; he's not talking about commit messages in Git.
>
> I’m sorry, but then this question is too convoluted for me, as non-native English speaker.

Unless it's also too convoluted for me, a native (American) English speaker, I think the question, as stated (in a non-question form) in the subject line, can be rephrased as

	If a given change introduced a bug, and I file a bug in Bugzilla on that, is there a way that I should use to indicate, in the bug, which change introduced the bug and, possibly, indicate, in the Gerrit entry for the change, the bug that it caused?

and, in addition, it includes a second, ralated question:

	If I file a bug but *don't* indicate, in the Gerrit entry for the change, the bug that it caused, will that mean that the person who made the change might not be aware of the bug that it introduced, and does that mean that I should indicate, in the Gerrit entry for the change, the bug that it caused?