Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Capturing 10GbE on a Linux laptop?

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2020 10:03:05 -0700
Hi folks,

Last year using my Cubro EX2+ I managed to capture around 600MB/s on
my Lenovo P51 laptop.

My P51 has a Thunderbolt 3 interface and has two 1TB NVMe storage
devices that are capable of 2+GBps write speeds.

I was aggregating multiple 1GbE interfaces into one of the 10GbE
interfaces and then using a 10GbE to Thunderbolt 3 adapter.

I had two Windows laptops and two OSX 10 laptops driving the load and
interestingly the Apple laptops were generating more load than the
Windows laptops via SMB2.

My question is: Is there a Linux laptop out there that can handle that
load. I have looked at System 76 and Librem but it does not seem they
are capable of handling the load.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe