Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Code Coverage Measurement of Wireshark - Outdated Instruction

Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 11:06:48 +0000

Hello together,

I created a small Dissector that I want to test now.

Therefore I tried the Code Coverage Measurement from the Wireshark Wiki Page but ran into some issues.

At first I have seen, that this page was updated the last time in 2008. (wiki.wireshark.org/Development/CodeCoverage)

These steps are not valid anymore:

~/wireshark$ ./autogen.sh

~/wireshark$ ./configure CFLAGS=--coverage [options]

Starting with Wireshark 3.0.0, autotools is no longer supported, only cmake. – According to this thread: Missing autogen.sh in 3.0.0 (Ask Wireshark Thread)

Could someone please update that Wiki entry or/and explain to me how I can achieve this with CMake?

Unfortunately I am not able to create *.gcno files with CMake.

I guess some commands are different and I maybe have to change some CMake Configuration Files.

For your interest, I use Ubuntu.

GCC Version is 7.5.0 (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04)

I tried this already but no *.gcno files were created:

make clean && make CFLAGS=--coverage LDFLAGS=--coverage

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Jannis Peimann