Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Google Summer of Docs proposal

From: Arpan Chattopadhyay <f20180319@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 14:15:59 +0530
Hello,

My name is Arpan. I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Docs. I am a student and a part-time technical writer. I came across your website and I found it quite interesting. I would like to participate in GSoD in your organization. I went through your project ideas in the GSoD website. I am interested in the following areas:

  1. Review new contributor information in the Wireshark Developer’s Guide, write a friction log, and fix all discovered issues. There is an existing “Quick Setup” section in the Developer’s Guide, but it is missing significant details and is far from quick for Windows. The technical writer will likely prefer to rewrite these materials entirely.
  2. Write a “Quickstart” guide for new Wireshark users to help them launch Wireshark and understand basic packet details as briefly and effectively as possible.
  3. Write documentation for common use cases, including:
    1. Decrypting HTTPS traffic with Wireshark
    2. Extracting files from HTTP traffic

Could you tell me what are you looking for during the internship and what should I add in my proposal? A detailed explanation of your expectations in the above topics would be very helpful.

PFA my resume and my previous work files for your reference.
Yours sincerely,
Arpan Chattopadhyay,
B.E.(Hons.) Electrical and Electronics
Email ID: UniversityPersonal || LinkedIn

Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
Pilani campus,
Rajasthan-333031