Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Version of Qt required?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020 15:47:00 +0100

On Tue, 7 Jul 2020 at 15:30, John Thacker <johnthacker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah, sorry, that is the result of my recent change. I had checked here

which says that 5.9 and 5.12 had already been required by Wireshark 3.0 and 3.2 so I went ahead and used it.

The table of Qt versions shows which versions have been used in Wireshark installers for Windows and macOS. Determining the versions available on specific Linux distributions is a bit more of an artform but can be gleaned from the tables further down.

Does it actually compile and work on 5.6 except for that change?

QT 5.6 is a long term support release and there are some distributions stuck on it. I can change my recent commit if we don't want to bump the required version.

John