Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] WSDG - errors in message reassembly documentation

From: Brett Hallen <sw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:25:47 +1000
Hello!

I've got my first dissector up and running using the excellent documentation and help from the community. I'm now going to (try to) get re-assembly working on messages that our protocol fragments.

However the documentation seems to have some small errors that could confuse the easily confused like me:

https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChDissectReassemble.html

The code fragment examples use a variable called msg_reassembly_table, but then later on it is initialised as reassembly_table (same as the datatype name), and then registered as msg_reassemble_table:

static reassembly_table reassembly_table;

static void
proto_register_msg(void)
{
    reassembly_table_register(&msg_reassemble_table,
        &addresses_ports_reassembly_table_functions);
}
Obviously (I think) it should be use the variable name msg_reassembly_table instead of assembly_table and msg_assemble_table?

static reassembly_table msg_reassembly_table;

static void
proto_register_msg(void)
{
    reassembly_table_register(&msg_reassembly_table,
        &addresses_ports_reassembly_table_functions);
}
Brett.