Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Support for TLS1.2 decryption using derived keys

From: webpentest <webpentest@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 20:29:41 +0300
Hello again, Peter and wireshark-dev!

While testing and extending my schannel-sslkeylog tool that I previously
mentioned in the list ([1]), I found that in some cases I'm currently
not able to reliably tie extracted master secret to a client random,
because of the TLS Session Hash being in use (a.k.a "Extended Master
Secret", see RFC 7627).
In these cases I can only currenty reliably get a pair of session_hash,
master_secret, but this format is currently not supported by wireshark's
keylogfile parser.

I was wondering whether a patch implementing this kind of sslkeylog
format (e.g. SESSION_HASH <hash> <master_key>) would be considered for
inclusion into wireshark? The amount of changes needed seem to be rather
small -- much smaller than my previous patch we discussed.

Of course some workarounds exist and extracting a client secret or a
session id must be possible, but it probably would make my tool much
less portable, because the API that I currently hook (namely,
SslGenerateMasterKey[2] and SslImportMasterKey [3] from ncrypt.dll) is
at least partially documented and more or less stable, whereas
extracting client secret or a session id for sessions that use Extended
Master Secret would require tapping into less-documented and less-stable
schannel.dll APIs.

Regards, George.

[1] http://b.poc.fun/sslkeylog-for-schannel/
[2]