Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Contribution in Wireshark during GSoD

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 17:27:01 +0200
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 5:02 PM Sanyam Jain <17151@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is Sanyam from India. I'm currently an undergraduate student pursuing my course in computer science. Being a programmer I was looking for some interesting projects to contribute to. While going through organisations in "Google Season of Docs" I came to your organisation.

GSoD is targeted towards Technical Writers. Programmer and Technical
Writer are not quite the same. That being said, there's nothing
preventing a person from doing both.

> Since I am new to the community I would like to ask if any of your projects are not taken up by someone then I am willing to work on that project or the project which is prioritized by the organisation.

Most likely Wireshark will receive one GSoD slot. GSoD is currently in
the technical writer application period. The applications must be
submitted via official GSoD form. We do not have access to the
applications before the application submission deadline.

> I have shared my idea please let in know what else you expect to be done during GSOD. Looking forward to having a great learning experience while contributing to the project before, during and after GSOD. Keep up the good work, the project is really amazing.

I am not sure what you mean by sharing your idea.