Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Gaining access to ff_pa_action_codes_ext from other protocols

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 11:17:01 -0700
Hi folks,

Some protocols define status values etc in terms of 802.11.

I am trying to get the latest changes for IEEE1905 into Wireshark and
have an issue where one or more dissector functions needs access to
ff_pa_action_codes_ext.

What is the best way to handle this?

1. Make it non static and allow the linker to deal with it?

2. Provide a function that retrieves a pointer to it?

3. Some other mechanism?

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe