Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building Wireshark for High Sierra (Mac)

From: Juanjo Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 22:38:38 +0200
Quick response. Thanks.

Building Wireshark from the source code on High Sierra. No need to build installers. Just the application for local execution.

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020, Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On May 27, 2020, at 1:22 PM, Juanjo Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> A colleague is trying to build the latest Wireshark in High Sierra and he is facing lots of problems. He built it very smoothly for Mojave.
>
> Which release tag or version should he check out in order to build for High Sierra?

Building *for* High Sierra means building with a version of Xcode that has a High Sierra SDK; that means building with Xcode 9.x.

Do you mean building *for* High Sierra, or building *on* High Sierra?

Gerald/Michael T, how are the Mac buildbots set up?  (They build for Sierra.)