Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] asn2wrs.py no longer seems to generate the same code ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 15:46:27 -0700
On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 3:33 PM Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The "asn1" target rebuilds all asn1 dissectors.
> Alternatively to rebuild a specific one, use a target such as "generate_dissector-pkcs1".

Sure, but there seems to be multiple issues.

1. The 'documented' command placed in the generated source does not
generate the same source:
2. make asn1 modifies the source directory, but it seems to me that it
should not do that because that breaks one of the out-of-tree
guarantees that cmake gives you.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe