Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Trying to decode a TLS 1.3 with null cipher

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 01:37:20 +0200
Hi Ahmed,

On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 03:12:50PM -0700, Ahmed Elsherbiny wrote:
> First of all, thank you again for creating the patch. I did test it and was
> able to successfully decode some messages.
> My implementation uses WolfSSL v4.3.0.
>
> I hope the patch will be merged in, please let me know if there's any more
> info you need from my end.

At the moment the patch is unlikely going to be merged pending further
information from the relevant draft authors. Please be very careful with
deploying your information, WolfSSL appears to have a bug in the
implementation of the draft:
https://github.com/wolfSSL/wolfssl/issues/2945

Is your implementation actually going to be used in production? What are
the reasons behind choosing this draft proposal for TLS 1.3 null ciphers
if I may ask?
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu