Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark col_append_sep_str function

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 09:21:12 +0000

Hi together,

I want to add information to the Info column for every frame in Wireshark.

This is working fine as long as I only have one PDU in my UDP package.

If I  have more than one PDU, then it overwrites the old Info column string. It is not appending.

This is my function:

if (pdu_description != NULL)

{

col_append_sep_str(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO, ",", pdu_description);

g_print("Debug Message: frame number [%d] [%s]\n", pinfo->fd->num, pdu_description);/*Debug Console Message */

}

This col_append_sep_str function is from column-utils.c

For example the DEBUG Message is called twice, if I have two PDUs. This is working.

Right now I only have this:

PDU Protocol, Name2

But it should be:

PDU Protocol, Name1, Name2…

I think there is a problem with losing the old frame information, because it is writing again PDU Protocol.

Do you guys know what I’m missing?

Thanks for your help.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,

Jannis Peimann