Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Build failure (kerberos)

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:53:13 +0000
This works for me (when I cherry-pick all 3 of your changes).
Martin

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:43 AM Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, this seems to work. I'm pushing the fix.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 9:29 AM Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le lun. 23 mars 2020 à 09:17, Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 6:15 PM Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ok, thanks.

On Sun, Mar 22, 2020 at 9:48 AM Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

./asn1/kerberos/packet-kerberos-template.c: In function ‘dissect_krb5_PAC_CREDENTIAL_INFO’:
./asn1/kerberos/packet-kerberos-template.c:2187:2: error: implicit declaration of function ‘decrypt_krb5_data’ [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
./asn1/kerberos/packet-kerberos-template.c:2187:11: error: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
./asn1/kerberos/packet-kerberos-template.c: At top level:
./asn1/kerberos/kerberos.cnf:360:1: error: ‘dissect_kerberos_PA_ENC_TS_ENC’ defined but not used [-Werror=unused-function]

I don't know which part of the asn1/cnf/template generates this function. Can anyone guide me through the asn1 dissector generation process?

I've found how to remove the definition of the function conditionally. However the definition of

static const ber_sequence_t PA_ENC_TS_ENC_sequence[]

still remains unused, giving an error. Which part of the cnf generates this definition?

Hi Dario,

this is generated automatically unless you put PA-ENC-TS-ENC in the OMIT_ASSIGNMENT section.
As asn2wrs.py does not support conditional generation AFAIK, better move it in the template file (together with its dependencies) and add it to the OMIT_ASSIGNMENT.

Best regards,
Pascal.

--
Naima is online.