Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] wireshark-win64-libs rev 635: / /trunk/p

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 23:51:39 +0100
Hi Chris,

Le lun. 16 mars 2020 à 23:47, Maynard, Chris via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
"Rather serious memory leak in Npcap 0.9988. Consider reverting to 0.9987 until the next release. Thanks! "
Ref: https://twitter.com/bonsaiviking/status/1239297302361247749

We saw the notice and so far considered that reverting was not necessary as it is only in master branch, that hopefully the next release should be available ASAP, and that anybody can do it manually (Wireshark will not propose to install an older release that the one currently installed anyway).
If there is a consensus to do the revert it can be done easily but still the users would have to do the downgrade manually (unless we want to hack the NSIS installer, which seems overkill to me given that only nightly builds are impacted).

Best regards,
Pascal.