Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cmake on windows

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2020 12:19:36 +0100
Hi Dario,

Le ven. 6 mars 2020 à 12:16, Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hi Pascal
I'm not sure I got the point. I try to explain what I understand. I have one single build, that may have multiple problems, some trivial, some not. The error I see in cmake could be ignored, while the one that counts is the fact I need the MSVC redistributable in the wireshark-lib folder.
Am I correct?

Yes if you do not have a step building the WiX installer (which seems to be the case).

Joao is correct: on one side you have a non fatal error in CMake that only impacts the WiX installer, and in the other side your machine does not have the MSVC redistributable copied in the wireshark-libs folder (as explained in the developer guide) while it is required for the NSIS installer.

Can you link the devel guide where it's explained? I just found

In the past it used to be more visible if I remember correctly.

BR,
Pascal.