Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cmake on windows

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 22:36:20 +0000

On 05/03/20 15:27, Dario Lombardo wrote:
Hi,
I'm getting this output from a windows build

-- Using VCINSTALLDIR: VCINSTALLDIR-NOTFOUND
-- Using MERGE_MODULE_DIR-NOTFOUND\Microsoft_VC142_CRT_x64.msm for the WiX installer
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: D:/a/wireshark/wireshark/build

What's going wrong? The rest of the output looks good.

If I recall correctly you need to select some option from the Visual Studio installer that is not documented in the Wireshark docs.

This is only necessary for the WiX installer (not NSIS).

I can't recall the exact component you need to install at the moment and I can't look it up right now.

--
Naima is online.