Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lua dissector question

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 17:06:54 +0000

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 at 16:54, Juanjo Martin Carrascosa <juanjo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi dev team,

I am writing a Lua dissector. The 4 bytes in my packet encode a little endian uint32. But the following lines decode it as big endian:

local device_status      = ProtoField.new   ("Device Status", "status.device_status", ftypes.UINT32)
tree:add(device_status, tvbuf:range(4,4))

How can I fix this?

Regards,
Juanjo Martin

The endianess is set when adding it to the tree, e.g. tree:add_le(...)

--
Graham Bloice