Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Unable to detect custom protocol dissector

From: sandip gangakhedkar <sandipfloyd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 22:45:42 +0100
Hi,

I am using a Custom protocol dissector (Lua script) for the GeoNetworking header. I have build wireshark 3.2.1 from source on Ubuntu 18.04 and placed the Lua script in the Global plugins directory. However, the script fails when to find the Geonetworking protocol when I invoke it in the script:

  Dissector.get("gnw"):call(newTvb, pkt, root)

So I tried another approach:

  gnw_dissector = DissectorTable.get("ethertype"):get_dissector(35143)

The protocol gnw (GeoNetworking) corresponds to an EtherType of 35143 in my Wireshark protocols configuration. However, this also fails to find the "gnw" protocol.

How can I get wireshark to detect the GeoNetworking protocol from my custom Lua script?

Thanks in advance.