Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] packet-hislip & tls

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 05:56:27 +0100
Hi Guido,

I’m not sure we have another protocol which supports switching back to plain text after going TLS. Therefore I’m not sure if there is intrinsic support for it.
My first instinct would be to setup a new conversation, starting the frame after ‘close notify’, with the HiSLIP dissector assigned to it. I’m not sure how that would interact with the existing HiSLIP over TLS conversation though, so YMMV.
Hopefully someone else has a better idea.

Thanks,
Jaap