Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug in extcap?

From: Anders Esbensen <Anders.Esbensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2020 09:01:04 +0000

Hi,

I’ve uploaded https://code.wireshark.org/review/35959, which is a patch on master, I see the that code has changed a bit since 2.4.5.

/Anders

From: Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Reply to: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, 26 January 2020 at 09.34
To: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: An-Ta Huang <An-Ta.Huang@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug in extcap?

There is at least one bug open for that. Can you push a change on gerrit so we can start the review/discussion?

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020, 22:54 Anders Esbensen <Anders.Esbensen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I’m seeing some issues with extcap on linux and osx. If I run udpdump and stop it again the udp process is not terminated. If I start udpdump once again I will have two udpdump processes running on my system. I’ve tested this on v2.4.5 and v3.2.1.

Looking though the code I cannot find any places in extcap.c where the dumper is terminated, but for Windows it seems that the dumper process is terminated in extcap.c:1142.

I’ve attached a patch which seems to solve the issue, but I’m not quite sure it’s the right thing to do.

Best regards

Anders

Anders Lynge Esbensen

Staff Software Engineer, IoT Software

Emdrupvej 28B, 2100 København Ø, Denmark