Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Standard defined field names in Wireshark dissectors

From: Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 16:40:36 +0100
Hello,

I have noticed that some USB dissectors do follow the field names as
defined in USB specification (e.g. standard descriptors), while others
don't (e.g. USB Audio class descriptors).

Is it generally preferred that Wireshark follows names from the
specification (e.g. bTerminalID) instead of coming up with our own
(e.g. Terminal ID)? Should we unify the fields so all descriptor
fields always use the display names from the respective specification?

Best Regards,
Tomasz Moń