Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] master 8d65ccf: Show answers a line at a

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:23:11 -0800
On Dec 25, 2019, at 9:21 AM, Maynard, Chris via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> With this change, it's no longer possible to right-click on the answer, choose "Copy -> Value" and easily obtain the *entire* answer.  Now, you would have to copy each line one at a time to retrieve it.

That's not unique to this protocol; there are other text-based protocols that show the text a line at a time, so that it's possible to easily *read* the dissection.

So perhaps we 1) should add support for selecting multiple lines in the packet details pane and copying them (I think there's already an enhancement request for that) and 2) make sure that copying that as a value produces the desired result.