Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] First experience with Visual Studio 2019

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2019 18:50:20 +0000
Some comments on Chris's observations.

CMake.  VS now includes CMake, although it does lag behind a little, but I would be expecting it to work (as in tested by MS and others) with the installed version of VS.  I have been planning to remove the separate installation of CMake from the Developers Guide, I've been running this for quite a while now with both VS 2017 and 2019.

VS Version.  The VS team iterate quite quickly, the choco package does seem to lag a little, e.g. today it offers me 16.3.10 but 16.4.0 has been released. I think the choco version number is a mistake, it is likely to be 16.3.9, see the VS release notes here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/releases/2019/release-notes-history

The lemon warning is a regression and we either need to push an upstream fix, or use our local macro for unused parameters.

On Sat, 7 Dec 2019 at 00:20, Maynard, Chris via Wireshark-dev <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Thanks!  Upgrading from Cmake 3.15.3 to 3.15.5 resolved nearly all the warnings I had experienced earlier.  Only two remain, but they are the same two warnings seen on the buildbot, so at least I seem to be on par with the buildbot again.

- Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary, confidential or trade secret information. This message is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.