Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Adding a new packet to Wireshark

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2019 21:54:04 +0100
I can't see any blocker in what you're proposing. Feel free to push your proposals and follow the review process.
Thanks for the contribution.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2019 at 9:50 PM Bruni, Michelle <Michelle.Bruni@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I am Michelle and I work at Spirent Communications. We have been building Wireshark for many years because we had a proprietary signature field that we needed to decode and give to our customers. We are looking to open source our signature field and would like to put our packet dissectors into the Wireshark codebase. Before we get started on going through the process of committing and reviewing the changes into Wireshark I wanted to find out if this is something that is allowed and would get approved (after following the process of course).

Also we have some changes we have made to other packet dissectors that we will be pushing upstream and as we make new changes putting them back into the community.

Looking forward from hearing from you and working with the Wireshark community.

Michelle Bruni

Spirent Communications