Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Visual studio 2019 from choco

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 14:49:24 +0000

On Tue, 26 Nov 2019 at 14:29, Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm chatting with choco maintainers right now. They say it sounds like a fresh win10 install will fail with dotnetfx because M$ now requires anniversary edition to install dotnet. They say:

I don't quite follow you here, the link below states that the .Net framework is pre-installed with Windows 10 and list the versions.  It seems that 1703 was the first to come with 4.7 pre-installed.

What Win 10 version are you using?

THis is kind of also mentioned in the package description

Supported Windows Client versions: Windows 10 version 1903, Windows 10 version 1809, Windows 10 version 1803, Windows 10 version 1709, Windows 10 version 1703, Windows 10 version 1607, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1

1607 being the anniversary edition
"

I'm trying to make my system up2date and then install dotnet. if I succeed, I'll drop a line in the documentation about installing on an updated windows version, or a more detailed description of the issue.