Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to add ilbc library to wireshark CMake?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2019 10:58:42 -0800
On 11/16/19 10:00 AM, Jiří Novák wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I would like to write decoder for RTP with iLBC payload. I plan to use
> ilbc library (https://github.com/TimothyGu/libilbc).
>   I copied detection commands from another library to CMakeFile and I
> created/adapted cmake/modules/FindILBC.cmake too. When I run cmake, it
> do not try to detect iLBC library. I removed all cmake caches too.
>   It looks I'm missing something important.
>   Can anyone help me?

Which files did you update? Adding support for third-party libraries typically involves doing the following:

Add cmake/modules/FindFOO.cmake

Add a configure-time option to CMakeOptions.txt:

option(ENABLE_FOO        "Build with FOO support" ON)

Tell CMakeLists.txt to look for the library:

ws_find_package(FOO ENABLE_FOO HAVE_FOO)

Add a compile-time option to cmakeconfig.h.in:

/* Define to use foo library */
#cmakedefine HAVE_FOO 1

Update the various OS setup scripts (tools/*setup*).

Adding the library to win-setup.ps1 requires action by the operations team, as does installing it on the build machines. It's a bit more convenient (but not necessary) if the library is supported by vcpkg on Windows.