Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Building on Windows ...

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 17:19:00 +0100
Hi Richard,

Le mer. 13 nov. 2019 à 17:14, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Seems there is one more stumbling block:

Build started 11/13/2019 8:09:31 AM.
     1>Project "C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln" on node 1
(default targets).
     1>C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln.metaproj : error
MSB4126: The specified solution configuration "RelWithDebInfo|win64"
is invalid. Please specify a valid solution configuration using the
Configuration and Platform properties (e.g. MSBuild.exe Solution.sln
/p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU") or leave those
properties blank to use the default solution configuration.
[C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln]
     1>Done Building Project "C:\Development\wsbuild64\Wireshark.sln"
(default targets) -- FAILED.

assuming that you now have a properly defined environment and that you do not have any remnants from previous failed attempts in your build directory (you should remove if you have doubts), following the steps here should work fine: https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html#ChWin32Generate

At least it does for me and others as far as I can tell.

Pascal.