Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Plugin question : proto_tree_add_oid() is not exported

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 21:42:05 +0100
Hi Koji,

I think, it is a bug (or the author only forget to export....)

You can push a patch on gerrit and it will be available on next major release

Cheers

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 3:30 PM kyossi <kyossi212@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm developing custom plugin dll which dissect snmp-like protocol(proprietary).
I noticed proto_tree_add_oid() in  proto.h does not prefixed with WS_DLL_PUBLIC.

So my plugin dll can't call proto_tree_add_oid()...
Is this just a bug or is there any reason that this is not exported to plugins?

Thanks,

Koji Yoshioka.