Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Migrate to GitLab?

From: João Valverde <joao.valverde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 02:27:41 +0100

On 11/10/19 22:54, Gerald Combs wrote:
The reactions to migrating so far have been pretty favorable, so I've started documenting the process at https://gitlab.com/wireshark/gitlab-migration/wikis/home. There are still a lot of things to figure out, but I'm hoping that we can start preparation and testing some time in November and cut over the repository in mid January (the 14th will be the 6th anniversary of the Subersion-to-Gerrit cutover).
Awesome. Also +1 for merge commits from me. Sadly I haven't really seen anyone else advocating for this.

I agree it's nicer to look at a linear history but the workflow is better with merges.