Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Migrate to GitLab?

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2019 11:02:14 +0200

Am Di., 8. Okt. 2019 um 10:47 Uhr schrieb Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

And can I then do a "git commit --amend" and another "git push origin HEAD:feature-number-1" to fix issues found in the review/Petri dish/going back and looking at what I did process?

And I'm still on the master branch there, so a "git pull" will pick up changes from the master branch (and then I do enough rebases to preserve the "the master or wireshark-x.y.z branch is The Official Source, everything else in the universe, including my repositories, is secondary" model I use)?

basically, you create a merge request, based on the branch in your forked repository, and every commit to that branch gets added to the merge request. I am not sure, if you can use "git commit --amend", never tried it. I usually have a working branch, and the merge request receives updates commits. The final integration into the master is then a "merged" commit of all commits in the merge-request. But maybe Dario has a different idea.

But as I said, we would most likely have to create one or two documents explaining an example workflow