Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Qt issue with first section not movable

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 17:38:38 +0200
Hi

Those of you build Wireshark yourself or using a pre-distributed version of Wireshark with Qt >= 5.11 might run into this issue:

In short, Qt changed the default behavior for the first column, and it therefore cannot be moved anymore, unless we explicitely allow it again. Personally I would prefer keeping it that way, because I can see additional overhead moving our way if we enable this functionality again.

Reordering the columns (and therefore setting another column as the first one) using our column preferences is still possible. It is an inconvenience to not being able to do it with drag-and-drop and frankly I am annoyed that they change UI behavior mid-LTS phase.

What do you guys think? Would this be a deal breaker for you, if the first column can no longer be moved around?

Please let me know

cheers
Roland