Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] German translation issues

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 18:50:00 +0200
Hi,

by the way, is there any known issue why not all text elements are
translated correctly?

For example in the preferences window all text elements in the tree
aren't translated, although the text is packed inside QT_TR_NOOP() for
which I understand should do the job.
There's also an entry for "Appearance" in the german translation
ts-file, but it does not work for me. I still get "Appearance" when I
switch to german or any other language.

wireshark/ui/qt/models/pref_models.cpp:const char*
PrefsModel::APPEARANCE_PREFERENCE_TREE_NAME = QT_TR_NOOP("Appearance");

There are some other text elements which aren't translated. I usually
work with the english ui, but when there is a language setting, I'd like
to see almost all elements are translated if possible.

I'd start working on this, if there is no general problem why some
elements can't be translated.
I guess for the protocol preferences it's not possible as the texts are
inside the protocol dissectors.

--
Cheers

Thomas Wiens