Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Unittesting the Qt UI

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 09:45:11 +0200
Hi

I am currently building unittests to ensure, that the ProfileModel implementation does not change functionality. Also, in the future, I want to implement coverage to help further sanitize code.

I am at loss though on how to integrate my tests in our test framework. Currently I've created a directory ui/test, which contains a separate subdirectory per testcase. The reason for that is, that I have a lot of stubs for certain testcases and those differ between test cases.

How would I integrate those testcases in our main test system, to ensure, that those tests run on every PD build?

Anyone tried something similar in the past and can provide some pointers (not unittesting in general, as those are rather regression tests, but testing with Wireshark)?

The test framework in question I am using is QtTest.

Any help would be appreciated

kind regards
Roland