Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Several small commits vs. one big

From: Thomas Wiens <th.wiens@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 22:33:57 +0200
Hi,

I've made a relative big change to the existing dissector for s7comm.
I added further decoding of some functions, but first I had to implement
packet reassembly.
This also results in minor changes to some existing functions.

Should I commit all changes at once (diff will look very messy, gitlab
fails to display the changes), or should I split this into smaller commits.
My idea is:
1. Minor changes and improvements in general
2. Add packet reassembly, modify only existing functions where needed
3. Add new functions / modify existing which depend on packet reassembly
(or only one function at once?)

If I split this, I hope there won't be a version in between which fails
to dissect all possible data without error.
As all my tests were done on the finished version.
Or is there an option to mark the single commits as consecutive patches?

--
Thomas