Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Glitches in UI when using recent buildbot development versio

From: Jim Young <jim.young.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 10:44:49 -0400
I'm still running on High Sierra (10.13.6) so do not have any option to enable Dark mode.

The version of Qt deployed on the macOS buildbot changed recently.    When I previously tested with the development buildbot version 3.1.0rc0-1125-g263969168747 it reported "Compiled (64-bit) with Qt 5.12.1".
The later versions where I saw transparent context menu issue reported "Compiled (64-bit) with Qt 5.12.4".

I forced the development buildbot to rebuild the Wireshark 3.1.0rc0-1125-g263969168747 which now reports Qt 5.12.4 and now see the transparent context menu issue.

This transparent context menu issue can be triggered in the file list on the Wireshark UI Welcom page.

Looks like might be something specific to Qt 5.12.4.

Best regards,

Jim Y.