Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Passwordlist in Wireshark - User feedback wanted

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 16:45:47 +0200

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 12:34 PM Sake Blok | SYN-bit <sake.blok@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds like a good compromise to me!

Sake

A quick update on the change: https://code.wireshark.org/review/c/33453/

The code has been changed according to the feedback received. The credentials table now lists the packet number, the protocol, the username (if present) and the additional info (if present). The passwords are not listed here anymore.

A click on the packet number goes to the specified packet, in the specific hf, where the credential (password) was taken from.

If the username is in another packet, the click on the username brings to the right packet. If the username is not present, a placeholder (n.a.) is given to the user.

Some tooltips help the user to understand what the table is providing.

Thanks to Roland for the effort in the review and any review/feedback/user-experience is welcome.
Dario.