Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] IO Graphs wording

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 22:08:01 +0200
Please do.

On 19 Jun 2019, at 14:02, Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Personally I like I/O as well. I am pleased that search engines can understand both IO and I/O, but I like that applications still use I/O in labels.
Then, unless someone objects, I'd go with a patch to use I/O everywhere.

On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 11:04 PM Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 15, 2019, at 1:55 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps the youth of today think of it as "IO"; if not, I'd go with "I/O".

For what it's worth, a Google search for

        "io" "linux"

has "io GNU/Linux" as its first hit, but that's the name of a distribution, so I'm not sure it counts.  The second hit is "Linux server performance: Is disk I/O slowing your application?":

        https://haydenjames.io/linux-server-performance-disk-io-slowing-application/

but the next two are "How can I monitor disk io?"

        https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/55212/how-can-i-monitor-disk-io

and "How to Monitor Disk IO in Linux":

        https://www.linux.com/learn/how-monitor-disk-io-linux

And, as per my comment about old people, a Google search for

        "io" "z/os"

(that being an OS descended from one in use at the time when I first heard of "I/O") has "I/O" as the term in the top two hits.

Naima is online.