Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark media player capability

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:50:36 +0200
Basically you can playback data for telephone calls or show pictures. I am not sure if we have a dedicated media player for any kind of data.

That being said, usually any format the Qt framework may understand could be played, as well as additional ones, depending on library inclusion.

kind regards
Roland

Am Mo., 17. Juni 2019 um 12:07 Uhr schrieb Tomasz Moń <desowin@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

In Passwordlist in Wireshark - User feedback wanted following got my attention:

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 11:24 AM Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure this makes a point. Wireshark was born as a packet dissector. Now it's a packet and file dissector, with IO (or I/O ;)) graphs and so on and with tools that split/merge, and media viewer & player.

How does the media player work? It would be pretty neat if it was
possible to playback the USB isochronous data directly from Wireshark
- especially if it was possible to playback the data from a range of
packets. The frequency and bit resolution of the data is in the
configuration descriptor, so the USB Audio dissector should keep track
of that information. What would it take to implement the actual
playback?

Best Regards,
Tomasz Moń