Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Passwordlist in Wireshark - User feedback wanted

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 13:25:23 -0700
Hi

There is a patch currently waiting for inclusion. It would allow for dissectors to easily make credentials (username/password) available and present them in a tool window in Wireshark.

The main concern here is, that this could lead companies, evaluating Wireshark to be used within  the company, to deny the use of the program, due to wrongly identifying Wireshark as a hacking tool.

We would like your feedback on that topic

kind regards
Roland