Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] IDE for C development on Linux

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 18:35:12 +0200
Also, for development Qt Creator works very well  with Wireshark, if you open he CMakeFile.txt as a project

Cheers

Am 03.06.2019 um 17:44 schrieb Pascal Quantin <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Paul,

Le lun. 3 juin 2019 à 17:41, Paul Offord <Paul.Offord@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Hi,

I want to learn a bit more about Wireshark running on Linux.  I’ve been using VS Community Edition on Windows for some time, and now I’m deciding which IDE to use on Linux (specifically Centos 7).  I use Eclipse on Linux for Java and Python.  Is Eclipse a reasonable IDE for building and debugging Wireshark on Linux?  Is there something better?

For what it is worth, I'm a happy user of Visual Studio Code that has some nice extensions for CMake / Git / Asciidoc /... You can also use it on Windows to have a common IDE experience whatever your platform.

Regards,
Pascal.