Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Certificate Request not being displayed by Wireshark even wh

From: Peter Wu <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 07:03:59 -0700
Hi Jaime,

On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 10:59:18PM -0500, Jaime Hablutzel wrote:
> I'm not an expert in the TLS protocol but I've just stumbled upon the
> following packet (and I didn't have enough time to debug this further),
> https://filebin.ca/4jHrWy2tkGQ6, which contains the "Certificate Request"
> list of accepted certificates, but Wireshark is failing to display it as it
> can be observed in https://i.imgur.com/HrKevzC.png.
>
> Is it possibly a bug?.

Could you share a capture file with the next non-empty TCP segment?  The
hidden part is a TLS record of 3577 (0xdf9) bytes and fits a handshake
message (Certificate Request) of 3569 (0xdf1) bytes. If TCP reassembly
is enabled, it should have been reconstructed in the next TCP segment.
--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu