Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Config files: profiles folder vs. "default" personal folder

From: Uli Heilmeier <zeugs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2019 21:13:37 +0200
With my latest VLAN resolving commit [1] Stig noted that we have some inconsistency where we search for personal
configuration files.

Quote:
>We now have files which are:
>
>1. Only loaded from the current profile. This is "hosts" and "ss7pcs".
>2. First loaded from current profile and then loaded from the "Default" profile if not in current profile. This is
>"subnets", "services" and now "vlans".
>3. Only loaded from the "Default" profile. This is "ethers", "ipxnets" and "enterprises.tsv".

As Stig has suggested it would make sense to have one logic for all such files.

Any opinions?

I favour way 2 (first current profile -> fall back to default)

Cheers
Uli

[1]: https://code.wireshark.org/review/c/33387/