Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Capture Loopback Traffic on Windows

From: Manuel König <Manuel.Koenig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 16:07:10 +0000
Hmm, i ran into the issue that the npcap loopback adapter didn‘t showed up in the latest Wireshark 3.0.1 after installing it in a Win10 1809 VM. No matter what I did.
The adapter was installed and shown in the device manager but not in Wireshark.
After I installed the Linux subsystem it showed up and worked flawlessly.

Regards,
Manuel König

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Best regards

Manuel König

Product Manager / Technical Support
T: +49 911 9728230
F: +49 911 9728233
E: manuel.koenig@xxxxxxxxxx

iba AG
Supervisory Board: Horst Anhaus, Chairman;
Management Board: Dr. Ulrich Lettau CEO, Marta Anhaus CFO, Harald Opel COO;
Entry in the Commercial Register of Fuerth District Court (Amtsgericht): HRB 9865
Identification number for turnover tax, Vat. Reg. No. DE 132760166, WEEE-Reg.No. DE11469996