Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Capture Loopback Traffic on Windows

From: Manuel König <Manuel.Koenig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 13:42:31 +0000

Hi,

I stumbled upon the wiki article about the Loopback capture setup (https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Loopback).

Under Supported Platforms it's stated that it's not possible to capture loopback traffic on Windows.

I would add an asterisk to that, because on Windows 10 with the Subsystem for Linux installed you are able to capture this kind of traffic.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards

Manuel König
Product Manager/Technical Support

Telefon
Telefax
E-Mail
FileDrop

+49 911 97282 30
+49 911 97282 33
 manuel.koenig@xxxxxxxxxx
https://transfer.iba-ag.com/filedrop/mko

iba AG

www.iba-ag.com

Hausanschrift/
office address:

Koenigswarterstrasse 44, 90762 Fuerth,
BY/Germany

Postanschrift/
mailing address:

Postfach 1828, 90708 Fuerth,
BY/Germany

Warenanlieferung/ shipping address:

Gebhardtstrasse 10, 90762 Fuerth,
BY/Germany

iba AG
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Horst Anhaus, Vorstand: Dr. Ulrich Lettau (Vorsitzender),
Marta Anhaus CFO, Harald Opel COO;
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Fürth; Registergericht: Fürth, HRB 9865, Ust-IdNr.DE132760166, WEEE-Reg.Nr. DE11469996

iba AG
Supervisory Board: Horst Anhaus, Chairman; Management Board: Dr. Ulrich Lettau CEO,
Marta Anhaus CFO, Harald Opel COO;
Entry in the Commercial Register of the Fuerth District Court (Amtsgericht): HRB 9865,
Identification number for turnover tax, Vat. Reg. No. DE 132760166, WEEE-Reg.No. DE11469996

Datenschutz  |  Impressum  |  AGB  /  Privacy  |  Imprint  |  Terms of use