Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Duplicate fields

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 16:54:34 +0200
Hi Dario,

it is supported.

It is only not recommanded (not supported ?) to have a same display field for 2 fields with different Frame Type (there is a check on Petri Dish...)

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 11:19 AM Dario Lombardo <lomato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
I'm working on bug 15719 (duplicate fields in elastic-mapping report). I've found some fields that are duplicated in the fields list. A couple of examples:

_ws.type_length.mismatch

This field is registered as ei as PI_ERROR and PI_WARN. This makes sense to me. This however raises an error when importing the mapping file into elastic, and requires some action.

ieee17221.message_type

This is registered twice into hf_acmp_message_type and hf_aecp_message_type. Is it correct to have multiple registration for the same field? If that's correct, a solution, specific for elasticsearch, should be found, then.
Thanks,
Dario.

--
Naima is online.