Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] CMake Error [CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set] while building w

From: Roland Knall <rknall@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 13:27:27 +0200
You should not need to install make. This is most likely one of two things:

1. you have not installed ninja at all. Please see if it is installed and accessible via our path, by executing "ninja " in a commandline window. If it is not installed, the package for Debian/Ubuntu/Mint is called "ninja-build", for other distros, please choose an appropriate package
2. you have build ninja yourself, but it is not part of your PATH variable.

If you still have issues, you could provide the direct path by setting the cache variable yourself. I usually use cmake-gui for that, as it makes it easier, but you could also use:

cmake -DCMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM=/your/path/to/ninja -G Ninja ../wireshark

kind regards
Roland