Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Wireshark 3.0 msbuild nsis_package_prep error

From: John Dill <John.Dill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 17:56:52 +0000
I've been unable to build the NSIS package for Wireshark 3.0 and one of the issues that I've traced it down to the following:

3>CUSTOMBUILD : warning : failed to load external entity "custom_layer_chm.xsl" [C:\Users\dillja\Desktop\wsbuild64\docbook\user_guide_chm.vcxproj]
    cannot parse custom_layer_chm.xsl

So I open the file and it has a remote link to import the main stylesheet:

---
<!-- import the main stylesheet -->
<xsl:import href="http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/htmlhelp/htmlhelp.xsl"/>
---

When I try to navigate to this page from my web browser, I get a blank page.  If I go to the web address

http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/htmlhelp/

and click on the link to htmlhelp.xsl, I get a blank page.

If I right click on the file and save as, I can remotely save the file on my desktop and the contents are there.

It appears as if the security policy for my network or browser is blocking all remote content that has an .xsl extension.

I could go the tedious route and create a local copy of the necessary files, since several include others.  Hoping someone has a better idea.

Thanks,
John D.