Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What flags do I need to cmake to get the build to show me wa

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2019 13:52:12 -0800
On Mar 3, 2019, at 9:17 AM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I want to find more of the problems before I send them in for review.
>
> What flags do I need on cmake or whatever to show me more issues?

"More issues" as in "more warnings than the default"?

If so, see Alexis' answer; not all of those warnings are fixed, and not all are easily fixable, so -Werror and the MSVC equivalent are turned off with -DENABLE_EXTRA_COMPILER_WARNINGS=on, so you'll have to look for the warnings yourself, and filter out the "This isn't C++, so we don't have templates, so if you try to insert something pointed to by a const pointer into a hash table, you'll get "casting away constness" warnings" messages and the like yourself.